Inquiry:   Last night I was pulled over for rolling a stop sign, which I was surprised when told , but it was not worth it to argue. He aske dt see my license and I imformed him I renewed it online about 2 weeks ago , but coul dnot find the paperwork I printed online. He came back and said because of my outstanding driving record which has nothing on it in 26 years. However was giving me a ticket fro an expired license. I asked him if I could look in one more place in my purse and he replied”I am doing you a favor and waiving the other ticket which would cost points. I chose not ot argue and left. I was 2 minutes from home and checked my purse. I found the proof of my renewal dated a week before mine expired. If I choose to make an appt with the crown if there anyway that the crown can have the ticket for rolling a stop stop sign issued. My only problem is with making an appt will the crown say did not have a copy with me? I thought in I provided proof in 48 hours this could be dropped. Please let me know if it is a waste of time meeting with the crown. And how long does this ticket stay on my record if I pay

Response:  The matter would have to be filed with the court to be contested.  It would be very unlikely that the Officer would come back to re-serve you a stop sign offence.  The 48 hour time to produce is at the Officer’s discretion to mark on the ticket.  If you would like to contest the charge, we offer a no-cost initial review of cases via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299 if you would like to discuss your case in more detail.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)