- Do I need to hire an Agent?
- Will I have to appear in Court?
- Will my insurance rates be affected?
- How long does the process take?
- How much will it cost?
1. Do I need to hire an Agent?
- While you do not need to hire an Agent, it is advisable to at least speak to somebody in advance of attempting to deal with the traffic ticket. Initial consultations are free and there are often reasons why you would benefit from professional assistance. Mishandling a matter can be a very costly misadventure.
2. Will I have to appear in Court?
- You will never be required to appear in Court, although in some situations your case may be enhanced if you are prepared to attend. In such circumstances we will advise you. However, 90% of all clients are never required to set foot in the courtroom and simply make a single attendance at our office. The average meeting takes 10-20 minutes to complete. We look after everything else.
3. Will my insurance rates be affected?
- At Ticket Defenders* the objective is to help you to eliminate charges and to avoid or reduce points, fines and insurance ramifications. Many tickets do negatively affect insurance rates but something can almost always be done for the majority of tickets. The cleaner the driving record the easier it is for us to assist you. It is therefore quite important to defend the first ticket, even if you think it is unlikely to hurt you.
4. How long does the process take?
- The average length from receiving the ticket to completing the matter is 2 – 6 months although matters sometimes take longer. While Ticket Defenders* is defending you, your Insurance Company will not find out about the charge.
5. How much will it cost?
- The normal process is to provide a block fee for representation which will not change. Most fees are in the $150-$500 range and will usually result in an outcome that saves more than this in insurance and fines making the process a money-saving venture.