Inquiry:  About 5 years ago I was passing a car on a two-lane highway where we were both speeding and were pulled over. I didn’t realize how fast I was going and was told it was double the speed limit. I was fined with “street racing”… The ticket amount was obscene and in no way could I afford it. How can I find out how much I owe and how to set up a payment plan so I can get my license back? (It was a first time offence – I never had tickets prior)

Response:  You will need to speak to a Court Clerk to see if you can still arrange a payment plan given that the fine is five years old.  If you can arrange payments in agreement to having the suspension on your licence paid, you could apply for a reinstatement of your licence approximately one week later.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)