Inquiry:   I lost my licence several years ago due to unpaid fines. It is at about$8000 now . Is there any way I can go to court and make a deal to have it reduced so I can pay it in full? I would rather pay it off in one shot instead of payments but need my licence back as soon as possible.

Response:   Due to the age of the convictions, we would be unable to provide any assistance in having the fines reduced at this point.  It is generally advisable when you have been issued charges to seek out legal advice on the penalties that you are facing and what can be done to mitigate those consequences.  Demerit points, fines, the nature of the convictions, licence suspensions, jail time, and impact on insurance can generally be reduced for most cases.  However, those matters need to be addressed as soon as possible after the charges have been issued.  Should you be issued any further charges in the future, we offer a no-cost initial review of matters via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)