Inquiry:  Got a ticket recently. A cop requested me to pull over. When I asked him what my violation was, he told me I didn’t stop on the stop sign. I told him that I pressed on the brake and stopped. Unfortunately he didn’t accept my plea. What should I do?

Response:  A stop sign charge carries 3 demerit points.  It is possible that the charge can at least be reduced at court.  Whether or not the charge can be eliminated completely would depend on what the Prosecutor has to work with.  Generally simple charges like the one you have are relatively quick and inexpensive to contest at Court and can potentially save significant amounts of insurance costs.  If you would like to discuss your case further with one of our staff, we offer a no-cost initial review of cases via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)