Inquiry:  My license is suspended for not paying fines – Driving without insurance. I believe the amount is around 10,000. Can I negotiate a settlement with the court to offer payment at a significantly dollar amount. There is no way I can afford to pay this amount off.

Response:  Unfortunately, the time to deal with fines and your ability to pay is during the initial court appearances.  Many self-represented defendants simply plead guilty to these serious offences without being aware of potential defences or the various avenues available to seek to reduce either the nature of the charge or the penalties tied with the charge.  However, you can speak with a court clerk and ask for an Application For Extension Of Time To Pay Fine form.  If the court grants your request and if there are no other reasons for your licence to be suspended, then you will be able to have your licence reinstated.  Hopefully this helps!