Inquiry:  I got pulled over and need to go to court because I didn’t have any insurances on my car. The officer was kind enough to let me leave with my car to pick up my kids and then to go back home. The reason why I don’t have insurance is because my ex is not paying is child support half the time, and I’ll feed my kids before paying insurance. And apparently I’m the one responsible for driving them to their dad. Is their a way I can lower the fine or getting a less serious offence? Worst part we just had a quote to get new insurance… Thanks

Response:  Operate M/V No Insurance carries very large fines upon conviction, ranging on a first offence from $5,000.00 to $25,000.00 plus the 25% victim fine surcharge.  If you would like to discuss your case with one of our staff, we can review your matter in more detail to see if we can be of assistance.  We provide a no-cost initial review of cases via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.