Inquiry:   I have about 1500 dollars in unpaid fines such as driving without a license and driving a motorcycle without a helmet.. I got these fines when I was 16 And 17 years old and now I am just about 22.. My question is, is there any way I can get them lowered ? I can never put money aside from all my other bills..

Response:  Generally, fines and charges have to be dealt with before they are convicted by the court.  Failing to pay a fine will generally result in the licence being suspended for non-payment of fine.  You may wish to speak with a local court clerk to see if they have any options for you.