Inquiry:  I got a speeding ticket recently in Ontario 34 Km’s over. I am a resident outside of Ontario but have a registered vehicle in Ont. I didn’t actually get a physical ticket. How can I pay it?

Response:  You may wish to contact one of the Ontario provincial courts to speak with a court clerk regarding the matter.  By providing your driver’s licence number they should be able to track down your offence information.  Before doing so however, you may wish to speak with your local licencing authority to confirm that that Ontario conviction will show as an out-of-province conviction on your non-Ontario driver’s licence history.  At 34 km/h over the speed limit, this charge falls into the second-highest possible offence category for speeding offences, and barring any surprises can generally be at least argued to a lesser offence barring a grounds to have the charge eliminated outright.  If you would like to discuss your case with one of our staff, we offer a no-cost initial review of cases via our toll-free number 1-877-733-2203.  If the toll-free number does not work in your area of Canada, you could also call our reception directly at 416-733-2200.