Inquiry:  I was involved with a rear end collision. I was unable to stop my car in time for a red light. The surface was fine but I did feel a skid of my car. I called the police immediately and was given an incident number and was told to go to the collision center. The cop there gave me a careless driving ticket and said i should go to court to reduce it. He was confident that it will be reduced and said I don’t deserve the ticket but he had to issue one. I then notice the date is wrong. It’s tmr date instead. How should I go about this. Thanks

Response:  A charge of CARELESS DRIVING is a very serious offence carrying one of the highest demerit point penalties available (6 demerit points) and generally having very large consequences for insurance rates.  Most cases of this nature can generally be resolved without need for a full trial, making them very cost-effective legal actions.   If you would like to discuss your case in more detail, we offer a no-cost initial review of cases via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.