Inquiry:  My license has been suspended fr almost 20 years for unpaid fines. I have been caught and charged several times over the years. The last time I was sentenced to 30 days in jail and given more fines. I’ve since straightened my life out to some degree and need to get onto a payment plan to pay the fines. (almost 30 grand I suspect). Is this something that is possible? Do I have to start again as if I was a new driver? What is my 1st step

Response:  If the oldest fines are 20 years old, you options may be limited.  You may wish to speak with a Court Clerk to see what options are available to you.  If there are no longer any options available at Court, you may want to consider taking out a personal loan to cover the court fines.  Given the length of licence suspension, you may also wish to contact the MTO to see what will be required for you to obtain a valid driver’s licence again once the suspension for non-payment of fine has been addressed.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)