Inquiry:   I have a set of really old fines, the last of which were applied to my licence 9 1/2 years ago. I have been living on a low income since then, and haven’t been able to make even small payments. I was wondering if there was anything like a “time served” system in place for older fines. I have been offered a couple of jobs recently, but both would require me to have my drivers licence. The reason for the fine was that I was driving without insurance.

Response:   To my knowledge there is no such policy in place.  You may however wish to speak with a Court Clerk to see what current options are open to you in dealing with the outstanding fines.

Sincerely,Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)