Inquiry:  I was driving a car I previously owned and sold and bought back. I had the title signed by the previous owner but not yet transferred back to my name.  the plate was the plate that I originally purchased when I validly got the car legal to drive (plates,tags,registration,insurance) the tags expired on my birthday feb 9 2013. the date of offense was may 27 2013. I received a ticket for improper use of registration plate. I do not agree with the ticket. I think I should of got a ticket for expired registration plates which is way cheaper. can I fight the ticket.

Response:  In many cases, the charge issued to a Defendant can be reduced to a lesser offence and in some cases a grounds may exist to have the charge eliminated outright.  If your intent is to dispute the charge, then you may either proceed by retaining a legal representative or by self-representation.  If you would like to discuss your case in more detail, we offer a no cost initial review of cases via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)