Inquiry:  So I got a ticket for driving in an HOV lane(bus lane) but I had to because I was turning right. Cop said I was more than 45m. He wrote a ticket for violation of HTA section 154 (1) sub 3. I looked it up and it only refers to King’s Highway. Can I get the ticket thrown out for wrong charge?

Response:  The section number that you were charged under would likely be amendable at court, so this may not be in and of itself a sufficient defence.  We could however have a release of the Prosecutor’s evidence to review to see if the charge could be defended on other grounds.  If you would like to speak with one of our staff about your case, we offer a no-cost initial review of cases via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)