Inquiry:  I failed to stop at a new stop sign, went to court and i was found guilty.   I would like to appeal because the officer filed the ticket late, the stamp  on the ticket is beyond 7 days. The stop sign is not as per regulation 615. On the disclosure the officer wrote that I was going  westbound but I was  going eastbound.  The electronic ticket was not signed, the printed name was in the space for signature. Do I have a case?

Response:  Appeals are generally not a ‘second kick at the can’ for Defendants unhappy with the result of a trial.  This is why it is incredibly important to ensure that all possible defences are properly prepared and presented at the initial trial.  Contacting a licenced paralegal or lawyer after being charged is generally good advice in understanding what penalties can be issued by the court as well as what defences may be available to either reducing or eliminating the charge(s).  If you would like to discuss retaining our company to prepare and argue an appeal on your behalf, we can be contacted via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)