Inquiry:  Question, could an updaid fine give problems entering the USA? I have to travel to USA and I am afraid I had unpaid fines in the past? I have moved a few times. Please advise what to do. Thanks.

Response:  You can contact a local Provincial Offences Court to determine if you have any outstanding fines.  If you have unpaid fines, generally your licence will be suspended.  If you are stopped for driving on a suspended licence, you could face a total payable fine of up to $6,250.00, up to 6 months imprisonment, and a mandatory further 6 month suspension of your licence.  If you have any concerns whatsoever that you have unpaid fines, a brief call to the court can help sort the issue out and prevent major problems down the road.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)