Inquiry:  I have a friend and he is looking at getting his licence. His fines are well overdue and he really can’t afford to pay them all. Can he get the reduced and how? Also after the fees are paid will he get his full licence back or will he need to get his G1 the G2. Please help me, help him

Response:   He may be able to get an application for an extension to pay the fines, but would need to speak with a court clerk to see if that is possible for his outstanding fines.  If so, he would be able to get his licence reinstated at the MTO approximately one week later.  An MTO clerk would be able to address your question regarding the class of licence that he would be reinstated at.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)