Inquiry:  My licence has been suspended for about 4 years now for stunt driving, driving with a suspended licence, no insurance, and expired sticker. I have been to court and got a huge fine. I got a payment plan from the courts that I never stuck too. I need my licence for work. Am I able to somehow make payments again to get it back. I am currently on assistance and I cannot pay the 4000 to get it back. I need my licence now to work. I can pay monthly on this to get it back now.

Response:  There are two possible approaches that come to mind.  The first would be to check with a Court Clerk to see if you are able to file an Application For Extension Of Time To Pay Fines.  If you are able to submit one in your situation and if the Court approves it, then you will be able to go to the MTO approximately one week later to begin getting your licence back.  The other would be to get a loan for the full amount of the fine, pay off the fine, and then make regular payments on your loan.  Hopefully this information is of some assistance.

Best wishes,
Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)