Inquiry:  I was convicted for driving with a suspended licence due to unpaid fines.  When I was pulled over I handed the officer the wrong insurance, and also received a charge of driving without insurance. After she was finished writing the ticket I produced the proper insurance and she said if we showed it at court it would be dropped. The court did indeed state that that charge was dropped. Now when I look at my drivers abstract its listed there. What can I do to have that removed?

Response:  You could ask a court clerk to pull the recording of the last court date to see if a withdrawal of the charge was stated in court, but then subsequently mis-entered by a clerk.  If so, the court may be able to make the correction.  If not, then you will likely have to file an appeal.  If you would like to discuss your case in more detail, we offer a no-cost initial review of matters via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)