Inquiry:  I am 39 , i lost my license over unpaid fines. Driving without insurance one week after the new insurance law come up no plates and other minor fines all in one shoot. Now i need to work and i am going crazy because i cannot get my security and private investigator license. As been a long time and i don’t know what to do. can you help me?

Response:  If your goal is to get your driver’s licence back, you will need to get your fines paid.  You could speak with a local court clerk to see if your fines can be addressed by an Application For Extension Of Time To Pay Fines.  If so, and if the Court grants the application, then you would be able to apply to the MTO approximately one week later to get your licence back.  It is important that you do not drive while your licence is suspended.  Driving on a suspended licence can result in a charge carrying up to a $6,250 total payable fine, further suspension of licence, and up to 6 months imprisonment.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)