Inquiry:  My birthdate year was written incorrectly on the ticket, 1980 instead of 1960, and I was travelling north on a regional road divided by two separate regions york and durham. The officer was parked on the york region side westside of road and i was travelling on the eastside northbound. Do they have the right to stop?

Response:  The Officer can certainly stop and charge you.  The date of birth issue would not likely be a fatal error to the Prosecutor’s case, but it is the type issue that we do want to be informed of.  For most speeding charges, we can generally have them reduced to lesser offences, and in some cases we can have them eliminated outright.  If you would like to have us look at your case, we offer a no-cost initial review of cases via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)