Inquiry:  My common-Law has close to 10000 in unpaid fines and was wondering if there is any way that he can make monthly payments and have his license reinstated while he pays them off…my brother inlaw is doing this right now and we want to know how we can do this also.  Thanks

Response:  Your partner can file an Application For Extension Of Time To Pay Fines form at the courthouse.  If the court approves the application, then approximately one week later your common-law will be able to reinstate their licence (approximately $150).  However, if payment problems persist in making regular payments against the fine, then the licence may become suspended again.  I hope this helps!

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)