Inquiry:  Hello, I got a speeding ticket in Quebec and on the vehicle portion of the ticket the officer recorded that the province of registration for my vehicle Quebec when in fact it is registered in Ontario. Is this grounds for dismissal -i.e. can i argue that the officer was mistaken and got the wrong car for speeding?

Response:  That would almost certainly not be a defence to the charge.  However, most speeding charges can reduced to lesser offences or in some cases be eliminated outright.  If you would like to discuss defending your charge, our staff offer a no-cost initial review of cases via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)