Inquiry:  I received a speeding ticket on January 6th 2012, but the officer wrote 2011 on the ticket. Can the ticket even be registered?

Response:  It is possible that the Officer may not file the ticket given the error.  However, you will want to follow-up with the Court to confirm whether or not the ticket was filed.  I would recommend contacting the Court approximately one week after the offence date, and then another week after that to verify.  If the offence is filled and goes to conviction, you may be stuck with the MTO and insurance repercussions.  If you  require our assistance, our staff can be reached via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)