Inquiry:  I received a ticket for offence 139 (1). Fail to yield from driveway. That is all the offence he put on there. Also cross streets were incorrect. Name was spelt incorrectly. What should I do pay or try to fight. Really would like demerits lowered.  Help.

Response:   The charge you’ve listed is a 3 demerit point charge.  We will need to know more specific information about what occured to be able to advise if a lesser charge is applicable.  As for the errors on the ticket, they may not be fatal errors to the Prosecutor’s case.  We do however need to be aware of them incase they can be used to argue for the the dismissal or reduction of the charge.  If you pay the fine, you will be convicted of the charge and recieve the demerit point penalty.  If the demerit points are something that you would like to have the opportunity to have reduced or eliminated, you may wish to speak with one of our staff via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299 for a no-cost initial review of your case.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)