Inquiry:  I do not have my license but decided to move my Boyfriends Tuck off the Road, because he had been drinking and was unable to drive. When I reversed I hit a pole, and we decided to call the police and tell them what I had done. I was given a Ticket for Driving without a License, which I payed immediately. This was 6 months ago. Am I still able to go and apply for my G1, or am I suspended from doing that for a certain amount of time. Thank you for your information.

Response:  If you were charged with HTA s.32(1) – DRIVE MOTOR VEHICLE NO LICENCE, then the charge itself does not inherently carry a licence suspension.  The conviction may likely be tied to you and may have an effect on your insurance rate.  For specific information regarding licencing requirements, the best advice would be to contact the MTO directly.  If you are in need of our services in the future, please feel free to contact our staff via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.

Greg Currie
Office Manager, London