Inquiry: I received a ticket for $450 on April 29, 2011 for a handicapp sticker that had expired in November, 2010. A renewal form is usually sent in the mail and that would have serve as a reminder for me. I did’nt received one and I didn’t know that my sticker was expired. I am now getting it renewed. How can I defend myself as I am on disability?

Response:  There may be a grounds to have the charge dropped, but it would depend on whether their is sufficient weakness in the evidence against you.  It is also possible that the Prosecutor might be argued into withdrawing the charge.  Unfortunately, that would mean hearing hiring a paralegal which will cost money unless you are comfortable representing yourself at court and feel adequately knowledgeable of the law.  If you would like to persue the matter further, you can contact our staff via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.

Greg Currie
Office Manager, London