Inquiry: My licence has been suspended sinch 2001. I own $36,000. I cannot offord it it’s way too much. My work (auto glass techician), involves mobile service. I have to drive to customers home or work place to replace windshields and windows for them. Currently I’m still driving while under suspension, i have to drive to make a living. I’ve been in this trade for 15 years and there is no other job i like best. Everyday i go work i take a risk, and i hate this feeling not having a drivers licence. I really need help to get my licence back some how or some way. Can u plz help?

Response:  Until you get your licencing straightened out, you need to stop driving.  If you are charged with driving under a suspended licence you will face a total maximum fine of $6,250, a mandatory further 6 months suspension of your licence, and up to 6 months in jail.  If you are also driving without insurance, the total maximum fine for a first offence is $31,250 or $62,500 if you have had a prior conviction for driving without insurance, plus up to one year of suspension of your licence.  To get your licence back, the outstanding fines owing to the Court need to be dealt with.  This doesn’t necessarily mean that you need to pay them immediately; an application can be made to the Court for an extension of time to pay the fines.  If that application is granted, and if there are no other reasons why your licence is being suspended, then you can apply to have your licence reinstated approximately one week later.  If you would like to discuss having our staff file this application with the Court on your behalf, you may contact us via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.

Greg Currie
Office Manager, London