Inquiry: Hi, I got a $240 ticket for not wearing a seatbelt in the passenger side. My question is, can I get this ticket possiby reduced? As I am a single mom and cannot afford to pay that much money. Thank you.

Response:  If you are looking to have the charge or the fine reduced, you will have two options.  The first would be to hire a paralegal to contest the matter on your behalf at Court, or, to represent yourself.  Hiring a paralegal will cost you money, but will provide you the best opportunity to have the charge itself thrown out or reduced.  If you decide to represent yourself at Court, then you may be able to reach an agreement with the Prosecutor before the start of your trial to lower the fine.  If you would like to discuss having us represent you in this matter, feel free to contact one of our staff via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.

Greg Currie
Office Manager, London