Question:   Hi, I was convicted under section 159.2 and would like to appeal. I believe I had a good case, but my witness was too nervous to come up to the stand (he’s esl) and the other was witness was out of town.. how can I file an appeal?

Answer:  Good morning.  It sounds like you may not have a very strong grounds for appeal.  An appeal must be based on an error of fact, or an error in law.  We generally recommend contacting one of our staff for a free consultation as soon as you have been issued a charge.  After a case has gone to conviction, there is generally little that can be done and the work and cost involved to appeal a conviction can be prohibitive.   You may however wish to contact one of our Agents to look at the specifics of your individual case via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.  Another option would be to develop the appeal on your own and file it with the Court directly.  However, if you are going to file an appeal in Cambridge it would be best to have the argument prepared by a licenced Paralegal to maximize your chances of having the appeal granted.

Greg Currie
Office Manager, London