Question:  I recently got a Stop Sign disobey Ticket near my house in Scarborough. The Police car was nowhere seen, and as soon as I crossed the intersection, it appeared from the street and gave me a ticket for not stopping.

Can anything be done ? It is my very first ticket. I have a 3 month old license in Canada.

Answer:  Stop sign charges can often times be reduced down to lesser offences, and where possible may be eliminated completely.  The charge is a 3 demerit point offence.  We will need more information to give you specific advice, I would recommend talking with one of our agents via our toll-free number 1-866-801-8299.

Greg Currie
Office Manager (London)