Question: did not notice handicap spot. Got a ticket. What can be done

Answer: While parking tickets do not show on your driving history, the fines on these charges can be very high. Generally, hiring a paralegal for a parking ticket will incur more cost than benefit. However, you may be able to have the fine lowered at Court.

Your question did not include where you are from; in Ontario you can chose to set the matter for trial and then speak with the Prosecutor to see if a lesser fine could be agreed to, or, you could chose option #2 to plead guilty with an explanation and ask the Justice of the Peace to reduce the fine or provide an extended period to have the fine paid.

Amanda Case, Licenced Paralegal