Question: I recently got a speeding ticket in Hawaii , would that have any affect on my Ontario insurance rate , do I even need to declare it here?

best regards

Answer: Canada and the United States have a reciprocal relationship regarding convictions. A conviction in the USA will be transfered to your driving record in Canada. I am not directly familiar with the law in Hawaii to know if that state has any exemption to this procedure. It may be worth your time to contact an Agent local to Hawaii to follow-up.

Amanda Case, Licenced Paralegal